Now to my gift!!! My Partner for my gift was Amy at http://sewincrediblycrazy.blogspot.com/ and her gift arrived on what turned out to be a very busy day for me. My mother called that morning to let me know she needed to go to "Urgent Care" (she is fine now a case of nerves I think). As I left I stopped by the mailbox to pick up the mail and my pkg. was there. Well, I didn't have time to open it so it sat there in the car seat for the 1/2 hour trip to Roseburg, the 5 hours we were at Urgent Care, the 45 min. it took to fill a prescription and then the trip back home. Now this drove me crazy, I wanted to open that box!!!! Never was good at the "Do Not Open Till Christmas" thing!!!!
Now I'm home, and let me say that Amy sealed that box so no one could get into it!!! Was all that really strong tape necessary Amy?? LOL
Here is what I finally found once inside that box.
The beautiful Christmas Card (handmade I'm sure) that will have the honor of being the first one hung on my ribbon of cards this year. Now the dish towel, I'm not sure about. You see, I have a husband that doesn't pay attention to what he uses to wipe his dirty hands on. I may need to come up with a clever way to use it in the sewing room (any ideas are welcome). I have a pair of scissors that I use with my cross stitch that need a fob so that I can find them when I need them. Now to the potholder, it will be put in the RV and because it is a really nice size, will be used as a hot pad to sit hot pots on. THANK YOU Amy for the fun gifts!!!
A funny thing about the potholder, while we were on our 3 week dry camping trip to Eastern Oregon I had to have something to keep me busy. I gathered up all my left over Sugar & Cream Yarn in a bag and I worked on Potholders. Since this picture was taken I've added two more holders and now I've used up all the leftover yarn!! My pattern is also a double thick one but is different than Amy's. Here is the website for the pattern I use if anyone is interested. They make up really fast!!
http://mikknits.blogspot.com/2009/03/double-thick-single-crochet-potholders.html
I've since heard from Amy and she was sorry for sending the potholder because I also was also making them. No Amy, it's OK, we crafters always enjoy getting something that WE have not
made, or at least that is the way I feel!
I have another idea for a quick gift that the girls (even the young ones) ask for a lot. It will cost only a few $$$ and take just a couple of hours. I think making the pattern took longer to draw up, but once you have that you can use it over and over. I just buy cheep towels when I see them.
Instead of me telling you how to do this I'm going to send you to the web site where I found the instructions several years ago. http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/09/04/towel-wrap-for-your-hair/
Here is the list of my fellow blog hoppers for the day, that you can visit to see what everyone is doing for some small gifts this year.
Wednesday, Nov. 12
Just Let Me Quilt
Just Let Me Quilt
Take Care & Be Safe


Love your potholders and the neat towel wrap, it makes me wish I had long hair again! Thank you for sharing and Happy Holidays!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour gifts are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThe pot holders look great!
ReplyDeleteMy elves are really good with packing tape! Hehehe! I love to make potholders, it seems you could always use one or give one away. I am definitely going to check out that hair towel. Excellent gift idea. And yes, the card is handmade. Glad you love it! Have a Very Merry Holiday Season!
ReplyDelete~Hugs
Good looking pot holders!
ReplyDeleteYour Pot holders are lovely! I crochet but have never made any so I will give your Pattern a try!! Thanks for sharing with us, and have a wonderful Holiday Season!!
ReplyDeleteHuggs, Nancy
Your potholders are truly bright and cheerful. I also like your turban. I think my daughter-in-law would like one of those. She has very long thick hair. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHa ha...Amy tapes pkgs like my sister lol. I totally agree with u...I knit my own dishcloths but adore receiving them as gifts too...love receiving anything that someone else has made as they always put a little of themselves into it! Love your hair turban...fantastic idea.
ReplyDeleteMy grandmother used to tape christmas presents like that!! It was always worth the wait though!! lol. I love your potholders!!
ReplyDeleteMy grandfather once wrapped a small box for my grandmother and used an entire roll of tape! That hair towel looks like a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove the turban! I like your nice, bright pot holders too..
ReplyDeleteThat dishtowel is precious.The potholders are a great idea for gifts and look so nice!
ReplyDeleteHello Margie....love dishtowels...and the turban idea is a very good one...we are glad you could join us....may your days ahead be filled with even more joy
ReplyDeleteGreat job and thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely gifts you got from Amy. I love your potholders, can never have enough of those. The turban is a great gift idea.
ReplyDeleteAmy knows how to create a sweet gift! We can never have enough potholders and the turban towel is a great gift idea!
ReplyDeleteLove the gifts you received from Amy! Those little sewing chicks are darling!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet gift - I love that tea towel (I'm a bit partial to tea towels) and I can never seem to have enough pot holders. I'm going to check out that towel wrap - both my girls could use that in their stocking. blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteSuch nice gifts from Amy. I agree though, as much as I like to tape things up, I don't like to have to fight my way through it! LOL That turban is a great idea. Bet my oldest would like that. Thank you for participating and enjoy your holidays.
ReplyDeleteCute projects.
ReplyDeleteLove the towel wrap! Your gifts are lovely!
ReplyDeleteLove the sewing chicks towel :) Will have to check out that towel wrap!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the little stitched dishtowel! Wonderful gifts from Amy. And everyone can always use a hot pot holder or crocheted dish cloth - those are my favorite! Thanks for sharing the link for the towel wrap.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun swap. Yes, it is always nice to receive a gift that someone else has made even if you can make it yourself. I may have to make those wraps for the granddaughters. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteI love that Sugar and Cream yarn. It makes the best dish clothes on the planet. Wonderful package you received, and yes I hear you loud and clear about hubby's grimmy hands. I have the same issue here and would definately have to hide that precious little towel! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you participate and such fun gift ideas. Both coming in and going out!
ReplyDeleteGreat gift ideas! I have several on my list who would love these!!
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet gifts you received, and those pot holders are a great size!
ReplyDeleteLove your gift, it is sew cute. Love anything with birds on it! I have one of those husbands too.... sewing room is a good idea! The towel is such a unique idea and would be a wonderful gift idea with some pretty soaps and things. Thank you for the idea! Merry Christmas ~ Cori
ReplyDeleteI love the potholders that you made. I think they make wonderful gifts for giving and receiving. Towel wraps are a great idea, too. Thank you for the link. Husbands seem to all be alike. Anything I want to keep from mine, I place in my sewing room. That would be a great place to keep the towel Amy made for you.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the lovely gifts. I really like your potholders. I will need to find my Sugar and Cream remnant bag and give them a try. Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas and I am going to have to check out the hair wrap too!
ReplyDeleteGreat pot holders or warming pads, I like the soft colors. Some thing that can always be used.
ReplyDeleteWonderful gifts received and given. Thank you for the link on the hair towel...brilliant! Thank you sew very much for participating and hopping. Creative T'Was the Night Bliss...
ReplyDeletelovely tea towel! have a great holiday.
ReplyDeleteOne of those hair towels would have been quite handy back in the day when I had long hair. Very clever! And your gifts you received are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly looks like Amy spoiled you right. It's so fun to see this gift exchange. Your potholders are beautiful and so nice to use up all that leftover yarn. I'm off the check out the towel.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, any gift you get from a crafty friend is a great gift! Lovely gifts and thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love my hair towel- a friend made one for all of us girls one year- about 20 years ago and I was just thinking I needed a new one!
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts from Amy,those towels are so sweet! My daughter has very long hair so this is going on my list for her! Thanks for sharing the link.
ReplyDeleteAmy sent you some great gifties....so funny you both made pot holders !!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a darling dish towel. I wouldn't want my family using it either. I haven't seen the towels before, that's a great idea.
ReplyDeleteLucky you, you had wonderful gifts, they where well waiting for!
ReplyDeleteLove you potholder, always great to give as a gift.
Thanks for sharing!
My MIL makes those double crocheted potholders for all us girls and we are always asking for more. They are so useful and thick!! Such a sweet embroidered towel Amy sent you! Merry Christmas, Margie!
ReplyDeleteHi Margie! Thanks for the great post! My Aunt Lucille makes those potholders but I use them as dishcloths! And I love them! Well done :)
ReplyDeleteLove your potholders!
ReplyDeleteWell done on the gifts. Happy Holidays.
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas, I love potholders and could really use one of those towels!
ReplyDeleteI agree, I love getting hand crafted gifts, even if I make those same handcrafted gifts myself. Your potholders are lovely, and the towel wrap is clever.
ReplyDeleteHand crafted gifts are the best. The gift of someone's time means more than the finished piece.
ReplyDeleteMy long, kinky (white) hair really needs that towel wrap. I will be looking at that link. And, of course, I love 1940's style tea towels. Way to go!
You can never have too many potholders. :) I especially love to get any kind of handmade item, especially those that I have not created for myself. ;)
ReplyDelete-Brittany
Love your potholders. Thanks for the link. I always wondered how to get my "hair towel" to stay in place, little did I know. Have a Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteThat was a great idea to include the links for the tuts for those gifts. I am definitely going to try the dishrag pattern. Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteSweet gifts from Amy...love the tea towel...sooo cute!! Love the double crochets pot holders!! I am going to check out the hair wrap link...my DIL and GD 's have long hair...great ideas...thanks for sharing!! Happy Holidays!!
ReplyDeleteGreat potholders and they will make nice hand made gifts.
ReplyDeleteLove the towel wrap idea! Amy made you some beautiful gifts.
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts from Amy. I'm with you...I wouldn't be able to use that adorable towel in my kitchen either! I think it'd have to be a special decoration instead. :)
ReplyDeleteWho doesn't need lots of potholders...all of us. Thanks for the gift ideas.
Oh, what lovely gifts you received and made! Love that towel wrap idea. Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAmy sent you some sweet gifts.. and I would have to hang the towel for display.. certainly not use. :)
ReplyDeleteYour dishcloths are a great idea for a quick gift. My friend Marie makes them a lot.
Sweet gifts from Amy! Thanks for sharing the towel wrap great idea.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea my daughter will love this, thank you and Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteI totally agree that even if you already have something in your possession it's a totally different feel receiving that same thing from someone else, especially when it's handmade. I was thinking maybe you could frame your towel with some batting behind it so it's kinda puffy, then it could hang in your sewing room. Thanks for the towel wrap idea! Have a great day!
ReplyDelete~Brandy
Having something handmade by someone else is always special!
ReplyDeletelovely items. thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteNicely done.
ReplyDelete