This post will be picture heavy with a few of my favorite pictures from our trip, but first I want to say that I received my package for the "Twas the Night" blog hop. Button on the side will take you there. Am getting my post ready for my day on Nov. 12th and hope I can do my gift justice!!
Now for this years trip. First off there were 5 elk tags and 3 of the tags were filled. One elk for each family's freezer. We left camp the last day of the hunt, didn't want to be greedy, was very lucky and happy to each have meat to take home.
We went up 2 weeks before the boys came up. (1 week to long for me) Spent a lot of the time cutting wood for our fires. Have never cut up Juniper before, but were told it burnt really well and boy were they right. Seems to burn really hot and felt sooooo good to sit by. This is the before of the tree we
found. Looked like it had been struck by lighting years ago.
Now the After! We just took the limbs as the trunk was way to big for the small chain saw.
And then the nice warm fire it provided us with.
I think I have a thing for trees. Am always looking at the different shapes but the color of a Tamarack tree makes me think of gold when you look out over a canyon of them, but these were just outside my window when I sat at the table in the RV. They were just starting to turn color!
We did get just enough snow this year to say it had snowed, and that suited me just fine. Excuse the picture, I should have opened the screen door on the RV!!
Then there is this one of the sunrise that same morning. Always love watching the sun come up while we are there. I like how the reflection is on the side of the RV. I didn't plan it and only noticed it when we got home and I was going thru my pictures.
Since we left a day early, we decided to cut the 8 hour drive in half and spent the night at a place along the Columbia River where you can park overnight. This was the view out our front door!! It was so much warmer down here but the wind was blowing and those windmills on the hill were in motion.
This is enough for today and I will be back on Wed. for my "Twas The Night" post and hope for you to be here to!!
Take Care & Be Safe
3 Months of Sew Sampler Boxes
8 hours ago
Oh your pictures make me homesick for Oregon!
ReplyDelete