Saturday, May 25, 2013

My week and another Scrapbasket Sunday

First off I would like to just say "Remember The Fallen" and those who have made this a wonderful country to live in. We miss you Josh so very very much. RIP


For Scrapbasket Sunday I have worked on a couple of UFOs. This first picture is of a top that I put together a few months back but could not figure out how I wanted to quilt it. Then thanks to Pintrest I found something I liked. Started in the center and went around and around in a square. Didn't think I would ever get it finished, plus I didn't pay attention to which side I started on and so the last couple of rounds are loners and not attached to the rest of the lines. Lesson learned! Sorry the picture is dark but we tried several times with no luck!


Then I remembered one I had started years ago in pink. Everything was done except for sewing the blocks together. Wanted it a little bit bigger so added the framing around the blocks. I love this one and now wish it was big enough for me!!! Both of these are baby quilts except the blue one is more of a toddlers quilt cause it is a lot bigger.
Love working with flannel and it has used up just some of what I have in the tote and elsewhere!


Don't have any little ones on the way that I know of so these will be put aside for a baby shower in the future.

I participated in a mug rug swap on a quilting board and my partner was in Maryland. The name of the swap "Wish You Were Here". This is the front and the back of what she sent me along with a note telling me what everything stood for. This mug rug is like a lesson in history and I love it!




This was my first time with an exchange so did not know just what I was doing but here is mine. Oregon is known for trees, and rain to keep everything green (well most of the time it's green)This is her picture as mine didn't turn out as nice as hers.


That is about it for the week now on to the next, have a pink quilt to get quilted!!

Take Care & be safe!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Josh. I appreciate his service to our country.

    I think you did a great job quilting the baby quilt with the lines. Machine quilting takes practice. I like the heart one, too. I love hearts, so I would want one larger for myself, too!

    I think you both did a great job on the mug rug swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a really good bash at your scraps and UFOs this week. I like how you have quilted the blue. The mugs rugs are great also - a fun idea for a swap.

    ReplyDelete