Saturday, May 4, 2013

Scrapbasket Sunday

I have a couple of totes of flannel one with just pieces and the other with yardage. Sometime ago I started sewing 2&1/2 inch strips together to make a block. This week I decided to try something for Scrapbasket Sunday (button on the right side, just click on it)that I had been wanting to try. Take 2 blocks with right sides together and stripes going the opposite direction and sewing all the way around. After the sewing you cut from corner to corner twice and end up with 4 squares.

My blocks looked like this


After sewing and cutting I now have a few that look like this. Haven't made up my mind yet if I like them or not!


Am going to mail out my mug rug for the swap the first of the week and will post a picture when it has been received.

Really need to get out and pull some weeds before they take over and I can't find my house. But then if we don't get some rain maybe they will die along with everything else. NOT going to happen I know, they just keep growing.

Just not much going on to write about so will get off her for today!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect idea for those flannel scraps - I need to keep this in mind. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! A friend of mine was telling me about something similar she did but I couldn't envision it--I bet it was the same thing! Thanks for the visual--it looks like a great idea for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the diamond created putting them together! Very clever -- I saved this for the future. Thanks for sharing the directions. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks. I love the scrappiness of it. The colors are awesome.!

    ReplyDelete