Saturday, June 1, 2013

Doing 2 posts in one

Need to post what I did for the week for "Scrapbasket Sunday" over on Kim's blog and also a post for the 2013 FQ Challenge for this month. Both buttons are on the side if you would like to see what everyone is doing or join in yourself.

I really don't know where to start so guess we will go with the flannel baby blanket that was a UFO I started years ago. Got it all put together, quilted, binding on and now it is ready to go. If there are no new little ones between now and Christmas it will probably go in the donation box down at City Hall for someone needy. This blanket was all from my scraps of flannel bin and I wish it was big enough for me!! Love flannel!!


Now for the FQ Challenge- I wasn't going to do the wall hanging for the month of June because it was the middle of the month and I had not even started it. Changed my mind and it went together really well.


It is now hanging proudly for this month.


Also worked some on one of the two hangings that I need to finish for mom. These were her Christmas present but didn't get them all finished. Need to quilt this guy and give him some eyes then start on the one for Dec.


I keep trying to use up some of the scraps that I have but with days like yesterday I will never bring the piles down. I could not refuse this at a yard sale that we stopped at. It was a box for $5.00. There was a small amount of material in there that I will not use, 2 pieces that I think I will make me a couple of blouses from, and the rest is for quilting. Was really pleased!


AND THEN we stopped at another sale Oh boy am I in trouble. They had this large tin stuffed tight with her mothers quilt scraps. Even the smallest pieces I can get a nickle cut from.

Tried to spread it all out for a picture, but just to much of it!!!

Am now thinking some of this new material will be in a new project for the month of June. Ohhh but that leaves out some of the others I've already started!!!

Enough for this week Take Care and Be Safe!



7 comments:

  1. I just love your "Gone Fishing" wall hanging! It's hard to believe that you are so lucky at yard sales! You really found good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your projects and I can't resist other people's scraps either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same wallhanging. June is my favorite month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you might be acquiring more scraps than you're using! LOL! But who can resist a bucket full of scraps? I'm sure I couldn't! Love the June wallhanging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds at the yard sales - looks like you will be able to join in with Scrap Basket Sunday for a quite a while!! The baby quilt will be so snugly - fun way to use up your flannel scraps - love the way the hearts are appliqued on it. Your wall hanging is also very nice - well done on your finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your FQ challenge quilt is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your FQ challenge is really cute! You are never going to get through all your scraps if you keep stopping at yard sales! :-)

    ReplyDelete