Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New project

Well I gave up on the trees. Have all the blocks made and don't know what I did but they are not fitting together right. The seams are not matching up. It may be that I couldn't really pay attention to what I was doing as hubby had knee replacement surgery the end of Jan. and I have been playing nurse and also getting very upset at him because he WILL NOT do the exercises. Only does them on the 2 times a week that he goes in to see the therapist. If we go thru all this and it doesn't turn out good I will not be a happy camper!! Bought this book last spring and loved it! www.countrybumpkinquilts.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=137938741 So I got started and finished the background, all put together and quilted Then other things came along I guess and I put the book away. Then I wanted to start working on the centers for it. Making a week long search story short, I finally found it in the bottom of a drawer that I had looked in several times, and yes I was looking for something else when I found it! Got busy with the center for the month of March and this is the result. So it is now waiting for the month of March and I need to figure where I want to hang it. Now if you are squeemish don't go any further. My ugly mug will scare you to death, but want to post this picture as proof of what happened. A couple of days after hubby got home from the hospital and as most mothers know, we sleep with one ear open just in case something is needed. Well, after going to bed I heard a very large truck outside & people talking. Thought maybe it was the fire truck. Got up and went into the sewing room to look outside. Did not turn on the light (big NO NO) Only a tow truck over at the neighbors. On my way back out I tripped on something and hit the corner edge of the door casing to the opening of the living room. Took me to my knees. Felt of my head and sure enough a large bump. Hubby wanted to know what happened told him and that I had a knot on my head. Now keep in mind it is dark and he is still on pain meds. His reply "yes I can see it" Funny now but wasn't then!!! Anyway here is a picture after it started healing. Didn't get one when it was really black. WARNING----picture not good for human eyes!! Need to get off here enough said for today. Take Care & Stay safe

2 comments:

  1. Ouch your eye looks sore. It is tuff to play security in the dark. I nominated your blog for the Liebster award. Details are on my blog here:
    http://tammyscraftemporium.blogspot.ca/2013/02/liebster-award-from-kelly.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. I have a similiar pattern and have been wanting to make it for a baby.
    I am so sorry about your accident. I know it feels as bad as it looks. I have a bad habit of wandering around in the dark, too, and my husband fusses at me because he says I wobble in the daylight and he thinks I will fall in the night.Ummm--maybe I will turn on the light after hearing what happened to you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete