Think I will just try to post on the blog once or twice a month. Seems like that is about all I get done anyway.
Got my Funky Chicken block put together for this month. Just 4 more months to go. Don't know what I will do with them after they are finished but they are so much fun to do.
Am behind on the Mini BOM's. Still haven't finished July's block (or the one for March)and haven't even started the one for this month. But---I have finished a mini block for Debbie over at the Fabric Farm in Drain. She had me do one a while back (pumpkins) and called a couple of weeks back and wanted me to do 2 more for display. Will take this one over to her in a day or two and pick up the other pattern. These patterns are put out by "Patch Abilities, Inc." at www.patchabilities.com
As for some Redwork I've been trying to do the "Wish Quilt" over at www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly This gives me something to do in the evening. Can not stand it when my hands our not doing something. Well I take that back, housework doesn't count!!!
Now I DO NOT know how I have knitted all these years and just found this.
It's a Japanese Knot Bag, a small one. I always try to have something to work on while in the car and knitting seems to be the one for the job as long as it is not a complicated pattern. The plastic bags just don't work. With this bag I can just grab it and go. I found the pattern here http://showyourworkings.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/japanese-knot-bag
May need to make one for my tatting. Can put the thing on your arm and thread is always there and not rolling all over the place.
Also decided to try and do something with the very large tote of flannel material that I have. Figured a baby blanket would do the job so have cut a lot of 2 & 1/2 inch strips to put together. Didn't make a dent in the da*** tote. But a blanket or 2 to donate this Christmas to a needy family won't hurt a thing. These are the blocks I have put together and the next picture is what they will look like when sewn into a blanket. NOTE: well these pictures posted wrong and are backwards. Sorry!
Am doing these on My $8.?? machine that I picked up at a Thrift Store a few weeks ago and named it "Mr Macy". It sews like a dream. I was hoping to use it for a FMQing machine but it has top clamp attachments and don't think there is a quilting foot for one of those. That's ok and maybe one of these days I will figure out why the thread hangs up on the bobbin of the 15-91 Singer so I can use it for that. It only seems to hang up when I decide to really sew on something. Does just fine on a scrap!!! After posting about this machine on a message board a member from Elkton got ahold of me and gave me a cabinet for it plus 2 other Eldredge sewing machines. Think they would be good for parts but I really like the cabinet the most.
That is about it for this post so until the next time Take Care and Be Safe
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago
Looks like you have lots of projects! What a neat machine and a great price! I use a 15-91 for piecing and FMQ, seems odd that yours works okay for a scrap piece but not for sewing something, hope you figure it out!
ReplyDelete