Friday, April 13, 2012

Not so sure now if this was a good idea

It is getting really hard to come up with ideas for things to make for the Grandkids Christmas gifts. The older they get the worse it is and I really don't like the gift card thing if I can help it. Also have been told that they have enough quilts!!!

So came up with this idea to make the 2 teenage girls a duffel bag. Found a pattern I liked from Simplicity. Got out my decorator fabric to see if I had enough. Well with a lot of choice words, seam ripping, and trying to understand the instructions I finally finished one yesterday. Sure am hoping the 2nd one goes a lot better but have made some notes on my pattern sheet to some things I will be doing a little different.

After it is all finished I really like it and it is nice and roomy. Wasn't such a job I would make myself one!! (Probably not)!!
Have also been tatting some more earrings, bookmarks etc. for the table I will have at the retirement center on the 23rd. Won't have a lot of things but will see how things go and what people like and don't like then maybe do one at Christmas time.

Going to go to Roseburg tomorrow with my daughter to the quilt show out at the fairgrounds. Should be fun but maybe I should leave my credit card at home.

Take Care & Stay Safe

1 comment:

  1. Nice bag Margie. I hope your grand kids appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete