I've debated about posting about this here but am thinking maybe it might help someone in the future.
Yesterday the phone rang, listed as no name, no number. I almost didn't answer it but something let me pick it up. The caller said "Hello Grandma" Instantly in my mind, this can not be Joshua, he is not with us, but it's HIS voice. It's not Brian or Ronnie. So I asked "Who is this"? The answer "your oldest grandson"!! Me: "No it's not" and I slammed the phone down.
This bothered me all day yesterday and even last night I had to get up and take a sleeping pill. I kept hearing that voice. How do they do this? How can someone be so cruel? and a hundred other things kept going through my mind.
Then why didn't I have sense enough to play along with this? Only wish now I would have asked this person "does Heaven now have telephones".
I don't think this would have bothered me quit as bad if that voice had not been his. I knew instantly that voice and the way he said Grandma.
OK enough of that I need to get on with my day. Will be back in a day or 2 (maybe today) with a picture of the lap quilt I finished over the weekend.
Be Safe & Take Care
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago
Oh Margie! That is just horrible. No doubt, it was some sort of scam! Or if it makes you feel better..give the caller benefit of doubt that is was a wrong number and a strange coincidence. My heart goes out to you. I'm sending you warm hugs and lots of love.
ReplyDeleteI can not believe people can be so cruel life is hard enough with out idiots making it worse I hope you can put this out of your mind or you could contact the police here in England it would classed as a nuisance call take care from over the pond ttfn Nicole
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much! I have since moved on and am telling myself it was just Joshua's way of checking up on Grandma to see if I remembered his voice. We all miss him and as everyone told us "It does get better with time" At least we can talk about him now without crying. All tho yesterday the radio played the ONE song that gets me every time. Take Care & Stay Safe.
Delete