Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fridays Outing

Friday's are the day of the week that we usually spend the day finding garage sales but since that is over with for the year we have started going to second hand/antique stores. Ohh the memories this brings back!! Don't usually find anything but just enjoy looking. Well, yesterday my mouth fell open when I saw this

Now I know most people wouldn't get so excited over thread but tatting thread you just don't see it. So I jumped right on that $3.00 price and just look at all this thread and ohhhh so pretty.

Have been trying to knit some hand warmers for Ronda. She is so darn tiny and made about 4 before I got it down small enough by using a size 2 needle but think it could go down 1 more size. Tried one out of a different thread and waiting for her to try it on to see.

Also am making some table mats. At Thanksgiving Terri asked if I could make her one for the Holidays so got it going but had to wait to get some dark green thread to finish quilting it (today I hope). Have another one cut out and ready to go for Ronda. Don't have anymore of the print I used for these two so need to dig and find some to make 2 more.

Today is Joshua's birthday. It is almost 2 years since he lost his life in Afghanistan fighting for our freedom. He is truly missed and thought of so very often. It is so strange of the little things that I see or hear that make me think of you. Grandma Loves You!

Enough for today, take care

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful score margie! :-) I love your table topper too.
    The angels are singing to Joshua today and I'm sure he's watching down on you. ((hugs)) to you on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! Drooling over that thread!

    ReplyDelete