Have wanted a treadle machine for years. Could never find one in my price range that wasn't a disaster. Friday while going through antique stores I saw this one, offered a price. Got home from a BBQ yesterday and a message on the machine that I could have it for $9.00 more than I offered ($49.00). Got on a message board and asked a few questions about what to look for. Went back up there today with my list in hand. It passed the test plus there is NO rust on it! Here on the west coast of Oregon it is damp all the time and that stuff eats up anything that it can. Rust is usually what kept me from getting one earlier.
This has a missing belt but can take care of that. After I got home I noticed the thing that winds the bobbin is missing the rubber that sits against the wheel to make it wind. (I think)
Can't get into it and really clean it till after the Holidays so will just sit it by the tree and wish!! Will also need to see if I can find out about getting needles for it.
Take Care
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago
Oh la la she's a beauty! I'm excited that someone else has one, as I didn't come across very many New Homes in my research on mine. I'm super curious to know how well she runs once you've got her fixed up!
ReplyDelete