Saturday, April 6, 2019

A couple of projects

First I have my hand piecing project to a flimsy stage and am posting it at https://www.elmstreetquilts.com who has been hosting this learning experience. Was a lot of fun and now to figure out how I want to quilt it.

   Am doing a couple of quilt alongs but am a little late in starting. This is the first block from http://www.sandrahealydesigns.com/sew-lets-qal-sewing-machine/.  It is ready now for some embroidery work. Will take it with me next month on our camping trip and hope to get to work on it.
Will try to get the coffee ( tea) cup block ready to go also in a day or two.
   Decided I also want to do the "52 blocks in 52 weeks". Was late deciding but a very special person sent me the block patterns I had missed out on and now I have 4 of those put together. Only 8 more to go and I will be caught up. Found out that these blocks take longer to cut out than they do to sew up. I will post a picture of these when more are finished.
   There is another one that I'm saving the instructions for. It's called Grandma's Garden. Probably can do a search on FB and find the group for this one. My Grandmother always had a big garden and I spent lots of time in it eating fresh tomatoes, peas, carrots, and anything I thought might taste good raw.
   Along with the other projects I have in the works I hope nothing else shows up that catches my eye. At least till some of the things I have started are finished!!
 Take Care and Stay Safe!

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt top is beautiful! Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out beautiful! I love how you did the colors. Thanks for being a part of the QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margie
    I don't see a way to contact you so maybe you will see this.
    My hubby hasn't had any issues with the trailer. But if you have been reading my blog for a while, you will remember that he had some health issues a couple of years ago. And again in January where he actually passed out while driving his truck. Thankfully he had a friend with him who grabbed the wheel and they were able to get the truck to the side of the road. So the issues are more about his concern about something happening while pulling the trailer. We have loved and enjoyed our trailer. It is comfortable and large enough for my big guy. Yet it is streamline to drive. We can park it in places the other big rigs have trouble with. We picked the Airstream because they hold their value and don't leak.
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete