Monday, March 16, 2015

Last of baby quit tops finished

Had a rush rush request for 2 baby quilts and these were the only flimsy's I had left. So got my rear in gear and got them put together with some backing and spent some time quilting them.  The person who requested them said they would give the two girls a card saying that that the gift was being made. So they went to the coast for a little over a week with me where they got the binding sewn down and then were washed and delivered a few days after we got back.

They are both the same pattern but the blue and the pink are reversed. A friend gave me a full bolt of each of the blue and pink several years ago when she moved and the stripe came from my stash.

 Now I need to get busy and get a few more made to have on hand. Always try to keep a couple ready as people are finding out I might have a quilt they can use for a gift, but am running out of baby prints in my stash and need to figure out something else.

Our son came up from Klamath Falls this week end so we could drive him to Portland to pick up a new (to him) car that he would drive back. I had a HUDGE heart attack when we pulled into the bank where they were to meet. Fabric depot was across the street!!!! Hey guys, we are over an hour early PLEASE PLEASE can we go there for just a little while???

I could have spent hours in there. Only came out with a blouse pattern, some stitch markers for knitting and some pictures of the quilts on the wall. Oh the damage I would have done if only had more time. Ohh but dear son had given me his hand written directions to the bank so I could be his co-pilot!! Shhhh--I kept the priceless little piece of paper!! I don't like driving in Portland, but that was an easy spot to get to.

Enough for today but I do need to get a post done about our trip to the coast one of these days!!

Take Care & Be Safe

2 comments:

  1. The baby quilts are too cute! I'm sure they'll be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby quilts are just so special! I'm sure they will be loved. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete