Thursday, July 17, 2014

Shame On Me

Been a long time since I posted anything and now I will need to play catch up again!

Will go back to the 2nd week of June. We went to the coast for about 5 days and spent time with Youngest son and his wife and her grandson (but we consider him Ours too). Was a wonderful few days and the weather was GREAT! This was my view from my window till someone moved into the camping spot across from us and ruined it. Will remember the next time I make reservations to get a spot on the first row. Lesson learned.

The guys spent 2 days of this trip fishing and caught each of their limits both days. Will only post 1 picture because the amount of fish is the same, and this one shows 1 happy grandson!!

After we got back I was in a slump for about 3 weeks and didn't feel like sewing at all so everything just sat as I had left it.

 I finally started to feel like I needed to sew again so started by getting all the blocks sewn for the King size quilt and put them together into columns. I now have 4 columns on the quilt and quilted. Only 3 more to go but it is getting very heavy! Don't know how I'm going to wash it when I'm finished. You will need to take my word that I have 4 panels quilted because I can't find the picture. This is one taken when I had it all laid out!

 I quit quilting on this one because we had a niece do us a great big favor and the only way I could think of to say "Thank You" was to make her a "Thank You" quilt, so I found what I wanted to do and got out my 2 & 1/2 inch strips and went to work. This is just the columns in their rows.
Yesterday I started quilting the 1st section and got it finished this morning. The 2nd section is sewn on, basted and under the needle. Probably won't get to it till Saturday.
Really need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. Haven't been for quite a while. Been to darn hot to go anywhere. Now it has cooled down just a few degrees and we have to go. Really do need to get the AC fixed in the car!!! Would probably help, but am saving on gas by not!!!!!

Will close with a picture of my sewing buddy, Koda. She is always in the room with me and believe me there is not much room in there. Excuse the strings on my pants!! Guess that is all part of sewing.


Take Care & Be Safe
 
 
 
                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                                                      
 

                                                            
                                               
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment