Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wasn't going to do this

Well, it's another Scrapbasket Sunday over at Kim's (button to go there on the side). I had finished Aprils wall hanging late in the month and was going to skip June's and go on to July so I would be able to hang it up on the 1st of July. Changed my mind and went ahead with the one for June. Now I'm glad I did as it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. In fact it went together with very little trouble, even the paper pieced log cabin blocks were not bad except for taking the paper off!!! These wall hangings are all made from scraps, that I have a lot of!


Was going to try to have this hanging quilted by today but my sewing room got in the way. It was a MESS!! WHY do I have to save everything? I am out of room to put anything, stuff is piled on top of stuff, and now that I have put said stuff in new stacks I won't be able to find it for 6 months. Grandmother and mother were like this too! I inherited most of Grandma's material and scraps, then mom moved into assisted living and I got her stuff too. I can't get rid of Mom's stuff because she will call and say you know that -whatever- that I gave you, it was in that -whatever box- I need it. Can you bring it in the next time you come in. I've gotten into a lot of trouble with some of her stuff because I did get rid of some of it and the rest is mixed in with my stuff!! The kids have even threatened to call "Horders" for me!!!

Anyway after 3 days of working in that 10x10 room I've got a few small boxes of material (ufo's mostly) to find a place for. I did find something I had forgotten about that maybe I will start working on. Years ago I started some blocks of candlewick for a quilt that our daughter loved. That might be a challenge!!

OK that is my week, now I get to start a new one! Take Care & Be Safe

3 comments:

  1. What a cute wallhanging! I think quilting is the messiest hobby ever and I struggle with keeping some order in my quilting room too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the only one with a messy sewing room - no matter how much space I have, I keep filling it!! Your wall hanging is very cute - isn't it satisfying to make something like this entirely out of scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little June quilt! I think I must spend half my quilting time cleaning up, organizing, and finding a place to put stuff too--you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete