Sunday, May 12, 2013

Another Scrapbasket Sunday

Am linking this to the Scrapbasket Sunday over on Kims blog. Just click on the button over on the right.

Didn't think I was going to get very much done today. Spent some time out playing in the dirt this morning & guess I stayed out in the sun to long because when I came back in I was really hot and not feeling very well. After just laying around for a few hours I started feeling better and got to spend some time with the sewing machine.

During the week I had fixed the blocks with the applique and gathered up some scraps of material for Junes wall hanging. Wasn't going to start on it this late in the month but decided what the heck. Mays was a couple of weeks late so why not June.
Here are the blocks, scraps, and my paper cut and marked for the paper pieced log cabin blocks.

Then this afternoon after feeling better managed to sew the 10 log cabin blocks. Only had to use the seam ripper a couple of times. Still am not sure I like this paper piecing stuff!


Now I have a question for anyone who does paper piecing. Do you square the block up before you take the paper off or do you do it after removing the paper?

That is all the sewing I have done this week. I did finish a knitted neck scarf. One of curly ones that are so popular now. Sister-in-law wanted one and love to make them but don't wear them.

My swap partner should get her mug rug tomorrow if Uncle Sam told me right and then I will be able to post a picture next week.

Take Care and be Safe

3 comments:

  1. I haven't paper pieced, so I'm no help there, but I'm glad you're feeling better and able to sew--your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your log cabin blocks sewn!
    Sorry to hear you had gotten a bit "sun sick".

    When I paper piece blocks - I trim them down with the paper still on them. I don't remove any of the papers until the blocks are sewn into finished rows or quilt tops. The reason is some of the blocks may have fabric that was cut and sewn on the bias and could easily stretch the block out of shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks have turned out great! I am making "Courthouse Steps" blocks but not using paper.

    ReplyDelete