Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Straw Bale Gardening

Am going to give this a try. Finally found 4 bales of straw and started watering them today. I know it is probably a little late to be starting this, but if it works at all I will get started earlier next year. Am using info from the internet to do this because I have no one I know who has experience. Maybe, if I'm lucky, it will look like this

This picture I swiped from this blog-- thisfamilyof4.blogspot.com--I can only hope mine looks that good. Only time will tell!!

As for quilting, am still working on the wall hanging that I'm making for a wedding gift. Am at the point of doing the hand quilting and my fingers are sore!! Don't do it often enough for them to get used to it.

Am also sorting material in the sewing room. Am trying to do a little each day. Anything smaller than a yard gets cut down to a FQ's, then F8th's, nickles, and 2 1/2" strips. The yardage I'm folding so it will all fit on a homemade shelf that fits in the closet. Have tried this before, but was not happy. Was trying to make it fit on an old entertainment center. Couldn't figure out how to fold the fabric to use up the depth of the center, and always ended up with a large space behind the fabric. I hate wasted space, so am hoping I will be happy with this.

No other new news so all take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment