With some help from a very special person we got the pattern figured out for the trees that I wanted to do. My first block was made with just scrap material to see if it was going to work.
So now I felt confident enough to pull out my scraps and start cutting and sewing and this is what I have to date.




Will probably only make this a lap quilt size even tho the blocks are very easy to make except you really have to be careful which way you sew the strips together depending on which color (green or white) you are working on. Used the seam ripper a LOT, but think I have a routine figured out if I can get back into the sewing room before I forget!!!
Haven't been able or felt like sewing on it for several days now as hubby had Knee replacement surgery done this last Wed. so spent several days at the hospital. How much that wears a person out I will never understand. Got to bring him home yesterday. After finally getting him out of the car and into his chair he went to sleep, snoring and hiccuping for hours. He got the hiccups again Thurs. evening while in the hospital. Of course everyone insisted he try THEIR cure for them but nothing seems to work. He still has them as I sit her typing. The first night at home was miserable. Neither one of us got any sleep. Finally was able to get in 2 good hours of sleep this afternoon. We are starting to get things figured out on what it takes to get him in and out of a chair, and the bed. Then there is the bathroom which is the worst one of all. Sure hope tonight is better than last night.
OK I've rattled on long enough for this time. Take Care
Lov-er-lie!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharingg
ReplyDelete