First picture is one of a needle case I made to keep with my redwork so only THOSE needles will go into it and not get mixed up with all my others.
This is half open
and now all the way open. Was going to post the web site for this free pattern, but now I can't find the instructions that I printed off. Sorry
Then there is my tatting. Have not been happy with the tatting bags and I do like to take my tatting with me. Found these instructions and I like it except for 1 thing. If you are tatting with a shuttle and a ball instead of 2 shuttles there is no place for the ball of thread. Here is the front and I love how the shuttles fit into the little pockets. I made another one of these for a friend, but didn't take pictures of that one.
The back has one large pocket for scissors or whatever, (but can't put a ball of thread in it)
Then opened and your tatting lays flat
The tatting is going to be a mat. This is the first time I've made pieces that need to be joined. Here is the site for the tatting press if anyone is interested.
www.niftyneedle.blogspot.com/2010/12/tatting-press-pattern
Now to my quilting. A friend asked me to put together a quilt using some of her daughters baby cloths. She had cut them up all ready so had to come up with a way to use some of the smaller pieces (sleeves I think). She only had a small bag of the cloths and I only hope I have enough. Been thinking about how to do this for about a month now and this is a picture of the 3 blocks I made today.
Was not going to wait till the last min. this month to do my Raggedy Ann blocks, so got right on it and now am waiting for the next ones.
Guess this enough for now and hopefully I won't wait so long the next time. Take Care!
Looks like you've been busy! I love the baby clothes quilt - looks like a good design to choose when you don't know exactly how much fabric you have to work with. I bet it will turn out wonderfully!
ReplyDelete